VB.NET editor: syntax error in lambda expression not highlighted

Just want to point out one small issue: Because I am not used to VB.NET, I made a syntax error when creating a lambda expression:

Dim myColl As New List(Of String)
myColl.Any(Function(val) = val = "Test")

AlterNet editor does not highlight the first “=” in line 2

Correct code is:

Dim myColl As New List(Of String)
myColl.Any(Function(val) val = "Test")

Would be nice if this was fixed, but there is no need to hurry :wink:

Best regards

Wolfgang

Hi Wolfgang,

Thank you for reporting this problem. It seems to be related to the errors with zero-length text spans.
We’ve fixed it already and will push the fix to the next NuGet update.

Kind regards,
Dmitry

1 Like

Hi Wolfgang,

For your information, we’ve just pushed an update to NuGet (9.0.2), where this issue has been addressed.

Kind regards,
Dmitry

Great!

Will it also mark the error for this snippet that just happened to me?

Dim i As Integer = 0
Dim j As Integer = 0
Dim k As Integer = 0
Dim m As Integer = 0
i = j + () k - m)

(Last line should be “i = j + ( k - m)” )

Best regards

Wolfgang

Hi Wolfgang,

It does highlight it for me:

Dmitry

Thanks, great for the confirmation. So it is probably the same problem that was already fixed.

Just one wish (I think I asked for it some time ago, but I could not convince you to do so ;-)): is there any chance to get a list of changes when a new release is published to Nuget? Maybe an addition to the release notes post at https://www.alternetsoft.com/news/alternet-studio-9-0-released
Then I could check whether a new release on NuGet is worth the work to do the update or not.

Best regards

Wolfgang

Hi Wolfgang,

We collect all release notes for these NuGet updates here:

This link will be different for version 9.1, etc., we add this link to the release notes of NuGet packages as well:

Kind regards,
Dmitry

Great, thanks! I didn’t even know that Nuget has the “Releases” tab, and it seems your package is the first that links a changelog :wink:

Best regards

Wolfgang

1 Like