The tools version “14.0” is unrecognized. Available tools versions are “2.0”, “3.5”, “4.0”

Hi,

On SOME of our customer computers, we are getting the error
" The tools version “14.0” is unrecognized. Available tools versions are “2.0”, “3.5”, “4.0”.

No Visual Studio or developer tools are installed on the culprit computers except for the below components:

The error occurs when saving a project using Alternet.Editor.Roslyn.ProjectExtension.Save(…) method.

See call stack:

Any idea?
Thanks

Hi,

We started to get reports about the problems like this recently, so we have reimplemented the project saving using plain XML instead of relying to msbuild. These changes are not published yet, but we can provide a hotfix if needed. Could you please specify .NET version you are using as well as AlterNET Studio version? If it is more convenient for you, write us an email at support@alternetsoft.com

Thanks for the help. We are using .NET 4.8, Winform and Alternet 6.2.0.0. We have a few customers waiting for a fix so a quick workaround would be very helpful.

Thanks Again.

Hi, any update for a quick workaround?
Thanks

Any updates? I sent a private message and still did not get any responses from AlterNet. This is an urgent issue for our customers,

Hi,
I’ve uploaded fixed libraries for version 6.2 and updated demo - project here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KnCRugaCmKW-rkMggaNFKJbgiNQmPd3z/view?usp=sharing
Please let me know if it works as expected.