python code completion

Hello AlterNet,
Does AlterNet provide python code completion example?
Thanks!
Hello,
SyntaxEditor supports various languages including Python.Please have a look at our Quick Start AdvancedSyntaxParsing demo and choose Python language.
Unfortunately it lacks some features like Code Completion.
In the coming release we will support fully-functional Python parser based on the LSP technology.
https://langserver.org/
I've uploaded a sample project that shows Python parser with additional features like code completion and error highlighting here :
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1lEWdR_yV3NvI5wo0PJ0_CyAR7IHwftGo
regards,
Andrew
Thank you, but the PythonSyntaxParsing project does not load in vs2015.
Hello,
Please try this demo under vs2015:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ErvfJbqKjeIXHby_viMNArKny7NrSDue
regards,
Andrew
When is the next release roughly?
We're pushing it to be released at the end of this month.

Regards,
Andrew
I've tried with the 6.1 demos (Advance Syntax Parsing & WPF version),
Select Python
After the f.Close() line, I tried f. (crtl+space) and file (ctrl+space)
Am I missing a step?
Hello Rob,
Python advanced parser does not support code completion yet, however it's on our todo list for the next immediate release. We will start working on it shortly and happy to share results once this feature is implemented.
You might want to look at LSP-based Python parser instead, which supports code completion and some other semantic-based features.
Regards,
Andrew
Hi Andrew, I have 6.1 installed. When trying to run the C:\Users\Public\Documents\AlterNET Software\AlterNET Studio v.6\Demo\Editor.Lsp\QuickStarts\Parsers\PythonSyntaxParsing\ project I get a task cancelled exception. This is the same when running from the demo app and when compiling from source and running. This happens once Application.Run(new Form1()); completes. I can step through the constructor and Form1_Load without issue.
I have opened the Tasks debug window in VS and am unable to see any tasks listed while I step through. I am able to see the form while VS catches the exception.
System.AggregateException
HResult=0x80131500
Message=One or more errors occurred.
Source=mscorlib
StackTrace:
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait(Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Alternet.Syntax.Parsers.Lsp.LspParser.CreateLanguageClient()
at Alternet.Syntax.Parsers.Lsp.LspParser.get_LanguageClient()
at Alternet.Syntax.Parsers.Lsp.LspParser.UpdateDocumentCore()
at Alternet.Syntax.Parsers.Lsp.LspParser.Prepare(String fileName, IStringList lines, ISyntaxTree syntaxTree, Boolean useThread, PrepareReason reason)
at Alternet.Editor.TextSource.TextSource.FormatText(Boolean immediate, Boolean notify, NotifyState newState)
at Alternet.Editor.TextSource.TextSource.FormatText(Boolean immediate, Boolean notify)
at Alternet.Editor.TextSource.TextSource.OnFormatting(Object source, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DebuggableCallback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at PythonSyntaxParsing.Program.Main() in C:\Users\Public\Documents\AlterNET Software\AlterNET Studio v.6\Demo\Editor.Lsp\QuickStarts\Parsers\PythonSyntaxParsing\Program.cs:line 32

Inner Exception 1:
TaskCanceledException: A task was canceled.
Hi,
Could you please try to delete the following folder:
%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Temp\Alternet.Lsp.Servers.Palantir.Pyls.Bundle
And try to run the demo again. You will have to wait while the sample starts for the first time, as it copies the Python distribution files to the temp directory.