ERROR MARKERS AND "CASCADED" ERROR

Hi,
when a line of code (e.g. a variable declaration) contains a syntax error, other lines might also contain error markers.
Now, when you fix the error, those other error markers are not removed.
E.g. use this snippet:
Dim l As System.Collections.Generic.List(of Stringa)
l = New System.Collections.Generic.List(of String)()
Dim l2 As System.Collections.Generic.List(of String)
l2 = l
The type "Stringa" is invalid => lines 2 and 4 also have error markers.
Now, fix the typo error => the error markers will not disappear until you add e.g. a line break.
This will also happen the other way round: when there are no errors in my sample snippet and you "break" the type declaration, the additional errors will not be shown until a line break is inserted.
Is this "by design" or is this a small bug?
Best regards
Wolfgang
Hi Wolfgang,
I was able to reproduce this problem, it's certainly a bug. It looks like error markers appears/disappears properly if you change stringa to string and wait fraction of second before moving caret to the second line.
Also could you please check if this behaviour is not reproducible if you remove FormatOnLineChange option from VBParser?
We will investigate it further and provide a proper fix ASAP.
regards,
Andrew
You are right, it only happens if you change the code and directly after the change press the cursor up/down key to move to a different row. I did not notice this ;-).
It also does not happen when "FormatOnLineChange" is disabled in the parser.
So, it is a very minor problem, because "one char change and the quickly run to the next row" is a rare use case ;-).
Wolfgang
Hi Wolfgang,
I have answered you via email.
regards,
Andrew